Mobile App Design Solutions For Small Business – How To Attract and Retain More Of Your Customers!
The internet has launched a wave of innovation in business practices and marketing has become very competitive for small businesses due to the launch of digital marketing websites and apps. They provide the customer with an easy way of viewing and buying products at his or her leisure. Moreover, the majority of the world’s population has moved to purchasing products on various mobile platforms. This gives a clear indication of the need for businesses to move to mobile apps, not just to maintain online websites. Already 42% of small-scale businesses have moved to mobile apps and this percentage is expected to increase to around 67% by the next financial year.
If you have not yet moved your business into the mobile world, you just need to follow some basic rules which will help you come up with a brand new exciting app which can take your business to a whole new level. Here are some pointers which will help you build your own mobile app:
- Keep it simple & cost-effective: The key element when launching a brand new mobile app is keeping it as simple as possible. Do not load it up with a lot of information or data. You should keep it limited to two or three options on the screen at one time. Once you are ready with your app, launch it and observe how the users react to it. Also, keep track of whether or not the app is profitable for your business. You can always upgrade your app once it has become popular and once you feel confident enough to invest in it further.
- Get constant feedback: This is the most important activity to be performed if you are actually looking forward to a long-term relationship with your team and clients. Before you start developing your app, share your ideas with your team and potential customers so that they can also add their requirements. They are the ones who are going to be using the application and providing you with a profitable business, so it is well worth your time to assess their needs.
- Cross-platform mobile development: Developing cross-platform mobile applications will not only take your application to all available customers on the various operating systems, but will also prove to be cost effective in the long run. Make sure that your application is accessible through all the major operating systems available in the possible marketplaces around the world to maximize your reach.
- Features to include in your application:
- Cross-platform accessibility (Android, iOS, Windows, etc.)
- Push notifications: This feature helps you send out an unlimited number of informational and promotional offers which would be seen by the user on his or her home screen.
- Integrated GPS: This feature allows the users to locate your outlet/office location with one click.
Some of the other features which can be integrated into future releases once your app becomes popular enough are:
- One-tap calling system, which allows the customer to talk directly to your customer representative in case of a query or complaint instead of writing a feedback email and waiting for the reply.
- App integrated ordering system.
- Shopping cart.
However, if you still have some reservations about developing and launching a mobile app for your business, you should consider these important points:
- Mobile phones are within reach of your customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The majority of these customers, up to 95%, are going to read your message or promotional offer within 10 minutes of receiving it.
- Developing an app will create a synergy between all your online and offline platforms and also reduce the amount of money spent on advertisements and promotions.
- The mobile app will allow you to have a one to one communication with your potential clients or customers.
You must move into this relatively new world as soon as possible. It is only going to get more competitive over time. All you need to do to get your business growing is to keep a track of all the current trends and evaluate each as a platform for increasing sales.