Web Design Tips to Boost Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) has become one of the most important parts of web design these days. It is most important to have a good ranking in search engine results, in fact, to be one of the top ranked results on search engines, so that people can actually reach out to you easily. Even if your website offers a very good design and ample amounts of information, all that hard work would be in vain if it is not seen by the public. Here are some web design tips that can actually help to boost search engine optimization for your web pages.
- Navigation friendly design: Good navigational layout results in a user friendly website. Moreover, it would not only leave a good impression with the user, but with the use of techniques such as a site map and breadcrumb navigation, you can help the user as well as the search engines navigate through your website easily.
- SEO friendly URLs: Most abstract URL names are usually ignored by search engines. Therefore, providing a structured URL name can actually help the search engine recognize your page in a better way and increase your ranking. Moreover, a properly structured URL also attracts the attention of the user and your link gets clicked more often.
- Be unique: Search engines usually ignore any kind of repeated data. The search engine “spiders” are always in search of unique data which stands out from the rest of the information already available on the web. The data needs not only to be different from other websites, but each individual page of your site must be uniquely designed to allow your website to rise to the top of the search engine results for the maximum number of clicks.
- Keep updating: Search engines also prefer to show pages that are kept updated. This ensures that the web page is still live and is providing the freshest and the latest data. Constantly changing content gains the attention of the search engines.
- Use of unique meta data: Do not forget to provide each and every page unique meta data. If you create a single template for the whole website and do not change the meta data, all the pages will end up using the same placeholder information and there would be a decline in their search engine ranking. Each and every page on your website must use unique page titles, descriptions and keywords.
- Decreasing the bounce rate: Search engines keep track of the users’ behavior when they enter your site. If the user does not spend time on your website and quickly exits your webpage, i.e., bounces, it signifies that either your website did not have the relevant data or the design of the website was not attractive enough to keep the user involved for a longer period of time. Also, ensure that your website layout is responding properly on all types of devices and platforms, so as to decrease the bounce rate of your website.
- Boost social sharing: Social sharing may not have a direct impact on your search engine ranking. However, an increased audience for your web page and increased traffic on your website will attract the attention of search engines. Moreover, if your website is social media friendly, the majority of users in the mobile world are going to take note of the presence of your website.
- Time consumption: In this busy world, as the saying goes, time is money, and if your website is going to take a relatively long time loading, the user is eventually going to leave your page and never head back. Moreover, fast loading sites have always been favored by the various search engines and are ranked higher in their search results. Mobile-oriented websites automatically need to be much lighter and more responsive than regular websites. This not only enhances the user experience, but also results in lots of fresh clicks on your web page.
Search engine optimization has become the most basic and the most important part of web design and must be incorporated to achieve a successful website. The aforementioned web design tips might just add to the popularity of your website and result in increased sales for your business.